If the shoe fits, wear it (as they say). If you are planning on getting married, this is one day you will want to put your best foot forward. Finding the right men’s shoes for a wedding should involve more than just going to the closet and dusting off the ones that have been there for a while. Choosing wedding shoes shouldn’t be an effort. Regardless of where you are, you want to look good, be respectable, have fun and be comfortable at the same time.
A large selection of modern men’s shoes are available for weddings. You can choose from a variety of contemporary and traditional designs to find men’s wedding shoes that will make the perfect accompaniment to the rest of your wedding attire. If you’re going to have a black tie wedding, the best option is to wear a tuxedo and the most stylish black dress shoes you can find. Just make sure that you polish your shoes before the wedding.
Choosing shoes should be easy depending on where the wedding will be. When having a beach wedding, dress shoes will not be a wise choice as you will be standing on hot sand and most probably walk in the water. Wearing flip-flops will be better or a beach sandal would be ideal for walking on the beach. Tasselled loafers would be a great choice for a casual wedding or for a wedding on a resort or farm.
When choosing men’s shoes:
- Try to pick a shoe that matches or is darker than your pants.
- Although it is a safe bet, socks do not need to match your shoes. Instead, think of your socks as you would a tie – an item that can bring the whole outfit together.
- If you’re going to wear a belt, try to match your shoes to it, unless of course, your belt is multi-coloured or striped.
With dress pants, try to wear the same type of shoe that you might wear with a suit. Shinier materials usually indicate a formal men’s shoe, as do less bulky heels and soles.
You can colour match your men’s shoes to your clothing.
- Black shoes work well with navy, grey or black pants.
- Brown shoes are best suited to tan, brown, beige, green or other darker earth tones.
- Burgundy shoes work well with khaki, lighter browns, blue and grey.
- Tan shoes look great with lighter earth tones, blue, beige, lighter tan or white.
- White shoes are ideal for the beach or an all-white themed wedding.
- Sneakers are ideal for a Vegas themed wedding, thereby making a statement in style. It is also comfortable, wild, crazy and funky.
Located in Johannesburg’s most iconic shopping institution, the Oriental Plaza, Abrams Stores is a family owned and managed business, specialising in high-end, exclusive branded wear for men and boys. Our philosophy is simple, and has been the driving force behind our success – we value quality, exclusivity and customer service above all else.